Saturday, March 13, 2010

Weeds!

Today we took a walk on our neighborhood walking trail, enjoying the sunshine, blue sky and green everything! As we were walking, my daughters kept showing me all the flowers that were blooming. My four year old handed me a carefully picked fistful of weeds. (of course, I was delighted!) It hit me! God's grace in living color!

Yes, the weeds were part of the curse of the ground due to our sinfulness, but have you ever noticed how many weeds have flowers??! We happened to be looking at a field of yellow dandelions, which are one of my least favorites when they are in the garden or yard, but even they were singing His praises today! God's justice and mercy always follow close together, even in weeds.

Singing with the weeds,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment